3D IS HERE FOR GOOD

Thursday, May 14, 2009

BLOGGING FOR CAUSES

PeonyImage via Wikipedia


I've been a bit amiss in my blogging lately. The weather has gotten so beautiful here in New England, and I have been craving the sunshine. I haven't really exposed myself to sun for a few years, so the tan of my skin is taking me back.

I have planted my (almost) entire garden for the year. Some of the favorites I lost during my last move have been replaced with a new generation. Some plants are just so beautiful one cannot bring oneself to disturb their dormant resting place. I can still visit them though, they are not far from where I am now.

I have replaced by Peony (Paeonia)with the same one "Sarah Berhardt." The one I had at my old home the birds took from it and mixed it with my neighbor Jan's "white peony" and created a new one that took the white of Jan's and the pink of mine and dropped the creation, in my neighbors Jean's English Garden, and it is the most beautiful thing. White with a burst of dark pink in the center. We sometimes take mother nature's power for granted, so it takes a simple miracle of life like the creation of a new generation of a plant to bring us back. I am in awe of the things that grow in my garden. I am trying for the third time to grow "Clematis," this time it is "Barbara Harrington" a deep red bloom that I'm sure will attract hummingbird's to my new home. I also put red petunia, red and white Salvia, a couple of Dracena spikes, some blue and white Lobelia, and some flowering variegated vingka to complete my window box. I found that I had an old green one in my shed, so I painted it with "stone like" spray and it came out looking like a stone window box.

I also replaced my butterfly bush. I never want to go through a summer without the Monarch Butterfly. It always reminds me of the story that Wayne dyer tells about the Monarch that went home with him on his finger. What a great story.

My back garden is where my hydrangea and vegetables are planted. I have put in tomatoes, peppers, oregano, sage, and basil. The scent of the basil is so overwhelming when fresh. I like to take the tomatoes (that don't get eaten right away,) and put them in the blender with some of the herbs and freeze them for a fall Marinara Sauce. With everything fresh from the garden it is the best sauce I can ever make. You really can't add too much to my sauce to make it better, except to make it from totally fresh products.

I am at the maintenance stage of my garden now, and I have learned a couple of things:
1. I can do squats, although painful; which gives me no excuse to avoid exercise to drop this additional weight I have taken on.
2. Allow nature and everything in the present to do it's job. Leave it alone, the Universe compensates for it without our help. That is a tough one for me, but reading "The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle, is showing me how to do this. I am grateful and blessed to have such a beautiful garden; and the knowing that I will receive so much more abundance from this new one, with just a little gentle care.



This blog post is part of Zemanta's "Blogging For a Cause" campaign to raise awareness and funds for worthy causes that bloggers care about.

Enhanced by Zemanta