3D IS HERE FOR GOOD

Saturday, May 2, 2009

HEARTS AND FLOWERS







I was sitting out with my friend Beverly the other day, on the first sunny day she had off from work. Bev is a CNA, and a very good one; she works with the elderly to help them recover after surgery. It was beautiful, with just enough wind to make the sun, just right. I'm not one to take in the sun but Bev is, she loves her summers to sit out, developing her tan, and getting ready for her summer vacation to Plum Island. Needless to say, I got too much, but I'm glad I got to sit out with her; it seems every day off she has includes rain.
Our friend Carole came by and brought a quilt she had made. As a beginner I need all the help I can get. Carole made this quilt many years ago and it is just such an inspiration to me. Right away Bev wanted to buy it. I was more interested in the "how to aspect." Well Carole showed up yesterday with the patterns for the appliques and I believe my next quilt will be a similar one. I am adding the pictures and the patterns pieces Carole sent with it. I hope it helps another beginner. Maybe a seasoned quilter can add to the pattern and make it their own. I have included the pattern pieces she made.

Enhanced by Zemanta